Harris's Sparrow in Milpitas

rosita94598

I drove to the corner with the Lexus dealership this morning and parked in the empty lot across the street from it.  As I was walking to look for the Harris's Sparrow, a security guard drove up and told me it was a private lot.  I told him I only needed about 10 minutes and he relented.

No birds of any kind were present in the curving triangle there, nor were any along the fence lines.  Finally, I walked west along the south side of that last building.  A picnic table or bench is at that corner where the trail turns north.  A bunch of sparrows were there and I found the Harris's Sparrow on the grass side of the corner, just south of the picnic table/bench.

I was back at the car in 15 minutes and driving away by 10:30 AM.  I do not know why it is made so difficult to park any where around that Pacific Commons Linear Park.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek

Sharon Jue

Back in November when the bird was first reported, the advice was to park on Auto Mall Pkwy, see e.g.,

Access seems to be a sensitive topic with the City of Fremont; witness their successful efforts to shut down Mission Peaks RP and Vargas Plateau RP for extended periods.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 1:04 PM rosita94598 via groups.io <rosita94598=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

-Sharon Jue
~Berkeley