Topics

Hammond's Flycatcher @ Garin Regional

Philip Georgakakos

Hi EBB,

I went for a wet afternoon bird in Garin regional today. Was there from around 14:00-17:30, it drizzled basically the whole trip. Started by walking north along Dry Creek, then went up High Ridge Trail, stopping by Jordan Pond on the way back to the parking area. Very few people around on a rainy day. Highlight was a Hammond’s Flycatcher near the cattle gate on the east side of Dry Creek on the east side (37°37'58.4"N 122°01'33.4”W). Other notable sightings were a wet Grasshopper Sparrow, some Horned Larks, and a first of year Black-headed Grosbeak singing in the rain.

Also, of interest it was the fastest I have ever gotten to and from Garin and Oakland.

Full list here:

Stay healthy and happy!
Phil Georgakakos
Oakland