From: Susan and Steve Taylor [mailto:s-taylor@...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:38 PM
To: 'sightings@...'
Subject: Special treat

In addition to the usual birds I see at my backyard feeder which is mostly
made up of:

Finches

Doves

CA Towhee

White Crowned Sparrow

Junco's

Lesser & American Goldfinches

Robins (on the lawn)

Western Scrub Jay

Oak Titmouse

Today I got a rare treat - A Slate Colored Junco. A bird which looked
exactly like the picture on page 361 of Paul Sterry & Brian Small's Birds of
Western North America

Hopefully it will return again in the next few days. I guess it liked the
thistle I recently added to the feeder.

Steve

San Ramon

Idell Weydemeyer

Thank you--another message on our new group!

Idell