Topics

FOS White-Crowned Sparrows and heard the Goldens!

Carolyn Arnold

Welcome back migrating sparrows!

What a treat to see these sparrows return to my East Oakland yard after disappearing in April!
3 males and a female flew in and pecked around the ground under the feeder, just like they had not been gone for 5 months.
And I heard the golden-crowned sparrows singing in the trees, and realized how much I had missed that song.

I just hope that my new flock of noisy and aggressive house finches will not chase them off. The house sparrows have stood their ground, so hope the others can too.

Happy backyard birding!
Carolyn in East Oakland