From: Jerry Britten
To: EBB-sightings
Sent: March 18, 2020 at 4:26 PM
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] First - Red Crossbills in my yard

Stepped outside this afternoon to an unfamiliar call, and saw red crossbills foraging on valley oak catkins in my yard.  Later they dropped down to feed on the ground under our sunflower seed feeder.  7 total, got some photos while they were on the ground.  First time in the 15 years I've lived here that I've seen this species here.  Not a conifer on our property so it was quite surprising.  No idea what subspecies.  Ebird checklist with photos here  https://ebird.org/checklist/S65954490
Jerry Britten
Morgan Territory