First of Season Olive-sided Flycatcher, Lazuli Bunting

Alan Krakauer

Are the migrants finally trickling in? This morning I had my best visit this spring to the short trail at the Gyuto Foundation in Richmond, on the edge of Wildcat Canyon. 47 species in less than an hour and a half. I missed some regulars (Raven, Turkey Vulture, Red-tailed Hawk, Hairy Woodpecker, Orange-crowned Warbler) so I feel like I could have had 50+ if I'd spent a little more time there.

The highlights were First of Season Olive-sided Flycatcher and Lazuli Bunting, plus recent-in-the-last-few-days Western Tanager and Yellow Warbler. Townsend's Warblers continue along with a pretty male Hermit Warbler.

Good Birding,
Alan Krakauer
Richmond CA