Topics

Ferruginous Hawk in Alameda

Mark Rauzon

I was checking out Godfrey Park to see if the Tropical Kingbird returned to this small park next to the golf course. I did not find much but as I was leaving I saw a crow harassing a raptor and when I looked through my binoculars I saw it was a Ferruginous Hawk flying over Harbor Bay Parkway at the end of the runway. I mention this because last year on Nov. 15, 2019, I also saw a Ferruginous Hawk in the same area, and wanted to let the folks who have this CBC area know to keep an eye up for this returning raptor.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S77021261
Happy Holiday Birding.
Mark Rauzon