Topics

Facilities update—Richmond WTP

Ethan Monk

Hi All—

Just a quick update on the current birding situation at the Richmond WTP. I’ve been on and off the phone with employees for a while now trying to figure out why they are closed/how long they will be closed for,etc. The current answer is that one should consider the WTP closed indefinitely to public visits until the city of Richmond can safely consider the COVID-19 pandemic “over” or “controlled.” An employee mentioned to me today that this could be until there is a working vaccine, but quite possibly longer. How long this will be who knows.

So for now, only the 4 roadside ponds are viewable through the chain link. 3 of these ponds with good habitat recently, 1 dry.

Good birding,

Ethan