Extra report for Monday Lake Merritt and Arrowhead birds

rosita94598

One of the MDAS field trip participants had some kind of Kingbird at the entrance of Martin Luther King Jr. Reg. Shoreline upon his arrival during our trip Monday.  He and I drove back toward the entrance, but of course did not see it.

After the group left Arrowhead Marsh, we birded Garretson Point.  When the group finally left, Alan drove back to the Shoreline entrance off Swan Way.  He was able to re-find the Kingbird and photograph it.  It was on the FedEx fence and in the first parking lot trees.  He sent me a photograph of the Tropical Kingbird later in the evening.

In addition, in the water beyond the first parking lot, he found and photographed a Long-billed Curlew.  Off Doolittle Drive he found a female Barrow's Goldeneye, which he also photographed.  These photos were also emailed to me.

Sorry for the delay in these reports.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek