Topics

Emeryville still quiet

Sharon Jue

Given all the peep activity down Hayward/Fremont way, I thought it was time to revisit my favorite shorebird spot. Numbers were pretty scant (I suspect that at only 4.5', the tide wasn't high enough to push them out of the marshy freeway-side margin), but it was interesting to see the Willets so brown and boldly patterned (looking almost more like the Eastern ssp than the smooth grey I'm used to). Surfbirds were similarly spangled. A few photos here, if you're interested: https://ebird.org/checklist/S71577317

Sharon Jue
Berkeley, CA