From: Kate Hoffman <kateh44@...>
To: EBB-Sightings@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Apr 5, 2020 12:49 pm
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] EBMUD Valle Vista Parking Lot Closed

I know many of you frequent the Valle Vista parking lot in Moraga (which leads to many fine birding habitats along the Kings Loop and other trails). Yesterday I went there to bird and hike, and I found the parking lot locked (bathroom, too). The trails themselves are open, and limited (legal?) parking was available along the road--maybe a dozen spots. I got one and headed out in the rain. Met a few hikers and birders along the way. I heard more birds than I saw, but I did catch a glimpse of a Wood Duck in flight along the creek and saw large flocks of (probably) Cliff Swallows very active over the reservoir and meadows.

More or less birding in place (with a few forays farther afield),
Kate Hoffman
Oakland