East County

fgsafier

Gitta and I visited two spots in East County this morning. The predicted strong winds were replaced by occasional refreshing breezes.
The Marsh Creek trail, which was open again after being closed last year when we tried, produced great views of a Swainson's Hawk and a male Blue Grosbeak, as well as other nice birds including Green Heron and Quail. https://ebird.org/checklist/S86817837
At Piper Slough we had a Black-chinned Hummingbird, Bullock's (but no Hooded) Oriole, Spotted Towhee, more Quail, Common Yellowthroat, Western Kingbird and so on.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S86818439

Fred Safier