Topics

East Contra Costa Christmas Count

Jerry Britten

Mt. Diablo Audubon held it's 20th East County CBC yesterday 12/16, using protocol that only individuals or members of the same household walked their routes. Despite a skeleton crew, we tallied 149 species, better than our running average.  Highlights included over 10,000 geese, mostly flyovers, an Eastern Phoebe on private land in far East County, 2 Canyon Wrens, a Red-Breasted Merganser at Clifton Court Forebay, and a Western Tanager at Creekside Park, Brentwood.  The Central CCC CBC is Saturday.

Jerry Britten
Compiler
Morgan Territory