Early Townsend's warbler, fire roads above Claremont Canyon Preserve

Alan Bade

This morning along the ridge trail above the Claremont Regional Preserve we saw an early Townsend's warbler. We hoped to find the Hermit warbler(s) and Nashville warbler reported by Teale Fristoe on Friday Aug 6th, but no luck this morning. We also had Pygmy and Red-breasted nuthatches on the upper fire road and White-throated swifts along the ridge trail.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S93050363

My cousins and their daughters did get to see an immature or female Hermit this afternoon a little further down Panoramic. They're visiting from New Hampshire, so it was great they got to see two western warblers in August.

Alan Bade
Pleasant Hill