Early Spring Migrants at Muir Beach

Connor Cochrane

Hi All,
Today Lucas Corneliussen and I did a long walk from Muir Beach over to Mill Valley. Along the way, we found some early spring migrants and some other interesting birds. Throughout the day, we tallied close to 15 Wilson's Warbler, all along redwood creek between Muir Beach and Muir Woods. All except one were singing males. Photos and audio of these are visible on our checklist from Muir Beach. We also had two Pac-slopes, one along the lower part of muir beach, and one on the first part of the Dipsea trail, heading towards Mill Valley from Muir Woods, in the conifers. Lastly, to cap of the migrants, we had a single Warbling Vireo singing and scolding along Redwood Creek. Other birds of interest included Brown-headed Cowbird, which is pretty early, and a single Short-billed Dowitcher that flew by, and quickly stopped on the beach as it makes its journey north.

Happy Birding,
Connor Cochrane

Connor Cochrane

Sorry, I meant to send this to NBB.