Topics

Don Edwards SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER

Ralph

Pat Mahony, Roopak Byatt and I just found a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER on No Name Trail, just beyond the orange boom where the Burrowing Owl is.

Ralph Baker, Riverbank

Ralph

Follow up: After looking at photos after arriving home I am no longer sure of this ID. Here are links to the two best photos

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U6xneBblZ4o3pF_C5so29MQaPCtfLqpT/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZU8ZRD4Zne65uIbAOfXLOyXmp6WIgh7T/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately I did not get any that really show the bill well in profile. Opinions, either way, are not only welcome but encouraged. I have more photos but they don't show any more than these two.

Further out beyond where we saw this bird we also saw the LAPLAND LONGSPUR, it was being very cooperative and allowing very close approach. We saw the GLAUCOUS GULL and Burrowing Owl as well, plus one of the continuing White-faced Ibis on the Chochenyo Trail, just east of where it intersects with the Muskrat Trail. Then Pat and I went down to Pacific Commons Linear Park and I got a three-second look at the HARRIS'S SPARROW before a guy walked through with his off-leash dog and all the sparrows flushed. I did not wait around very long to see if the Harris's would return.

And apologies to Pat and Roopak for spelling both of their names wrong. Pat's last name is Mahoney and Roopak's is Bhatt (the error on Roopak's last name was due to spell check). Sorry guys!

Ralph Baker, Riverbank

P.S., Today I also chased all of the other Bay Area targets I chased and missed last week and missed them all again. I guess Pat was my good luck charm!

Ralph

I fixed the privacy settings on the photos, don't know how it got set at restricted because I've never restricted anything I've posted on Google Drive.

Ralph Baker, Riverbank