Topics

Do you have any crow roost tips?

leslie.foss@...

Hi Birders,

Do any of you know of sites Alameda County where American Crows commonly roost? The Alameda Mosquito Abatement District would like to place a few mosquito traps in the vicinity. We don't yet know if there are more mosquitoes near crow roosts, but we'd like to find out. (I am working with the MVCD on this question.) We have a few leads from looking at eBird data, but thought the group would have more insight. If you know of an area or some trees where crows like to roost for the night (perhaps nesting at this time of year), would you please let me know by emailing me in a private message?

Thank you!

Leslie Foss
leslie.foss@...

California Department of Public Health