Topics

Creekside Park 2-23-2019

hoggsville

Some interesting observations today at Creekside Park which straddles Alameda and Contra Costa County. A count of 27 bushtits in one flock is probably my all time record. While otherwise a pretty standard winter viewing at the park, as I was leaving, a large flock of American Robins flew in, with many bathing in the creek. While enjoying this unusual Creekside spectacle, a sparrow flock came around and I had good looks at a first year White-throated Sparrow. You can view a picture of the sparrow on my eBird report.

Jack Hayden
Albany