Topics

Coops in Berkeley?

Tim Kingston

There appears to be a pair of Coopers Hawks flirting on Prince Street just
down from the Starry Plough. I *think* they are coops. One has gray chest,
yellow talons, goldish leggings and bright orange eye. Appears all gray blue
with a dark cap, yellow beak with black. Tail feathers have some banding,
but much less than I am used to. Suddenly the second accipiter showed up,
with more standard coloring and mounted the first. I feel quite lucky!

--
Tim Kingston
land 510 666 9114

R <mandorod@...>

On Prince St., WEST of Shattuck? How far down the block? I'd like to spot them, too. I've missed the long-mated pair used to live in Live Oak Park before the City had to cut down the long-dead tree they nested in. There were Coopers hawks nesting in the eucalyptus trees across the street from Indian Rock at one time in recent years, too. Has anyone seen others recently in Berkeley??
R. Freeland, Berkeley