Common Goldeneye continues in Walnut Creek

rosita94598

We have had a female Common Goldeneye in the concrete pond at Heather Farm Park for pretty close to two weeks, now.  The first time Rosita and I saw her she was in the pond by the private Seven Hills School.  She has since been in the pond between the community building and the Gardens.  I have not seen her in the large, more natural pond.

We had the same or a similar Common Goldeneye stick around for much of last winter, too.

The female Wood Duck continues in the Seven Hills pond.  Follow North San Carlos through the park, past the dog park, then park in the gravel equestrian area parking lot.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek