Topics

Chestnut-sided Warbler in North Berkeley

Oliver James

Hello East Bay Birders,

An adult male Chestnut-sided Warbler was first detected singing and then located @ 1 pm on Saturday June 22nd in North Berkeley near Live Oak Park. No photos were obtained. I've not checked to see if this bird continues today (Sunday the 23rd).

Location: Cordonices Creek crosses underneath Walnut St. on the eastern border of Live Oak Park in North Berkeley. Bird was heard and seen in the flowering trees in the creek bed just east of where Cordonices Creek crosses under Walnut St.

Good birding,

Oliver James

Derek

I tried for it for about 90 minutes this morning starting at 7:30
(with Henry Burton) and then again at noon but no luck. I've never
been there before and was surprised how birdy it was. I posted ebird
using the Rose Garden hot-spot which is adjacent to the park and was
included in the area I birded.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57620039

Derek Heins