Topics

Chestnut-sided Warbler at Booker T Washington in Richmond

Derek

It’s been two weeks since the Chestnut-sided Warbler first seen by Ethan Monk on September 24 was last seen, but I might have seen the same bird in the same general location this morning. It was alone near the stream at the south end of the park, easy to get to from the parking lot by crossing the bridge and turning right to walk maybe 200 yards.  No vocalizations. Photos attached. I was not able to find the American Redstart reported in eBird at the park on Wednesday.

Derek Heins

https://ebird.org/checklist/S74892605

hoggsville

The Chestnut-sided Warbler found, or relocated, by Derek Heins on Thursday continues at the park. I got some lousy ID photos. John Missing and I also saw a possible Nashville Warbler, but not good enough looks. Light gray head, pale throat, yellow undertail coverts. 5-6 Purple Finch and a late Warbling Vireo were also present.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S75048453

Cheers,
Jack Hayden
Albany