Topics

Changes to Mt. Diablo Audubon field trips and meetings due to COVID-19 concerns

Jerry Britten

Dear Mt. Diablo Audubon members and supporters:

In keeping with the guidelines recently issued by the State of California and the Contra Costa County Health Services Department, we have cancelled our April 2 membership meeting. We are working to reschedule our speakers for a later date.

At the discretion of leaders and instructors, some field trips will remain available and appropriate precautions will be in place. These precautions include the following:

• Avoid shaking hands or other forms of human contact
  • Avoid sharing binoculars, spotting scopes, or other possible sources of exposure.
  • Thoroughly wash your hands before eating and after any exposure to potential sources of infection.
  • If you have a cough, fever or cold, please do not attend an event.
  • Consult your physician or preferred provider for medical advice about your personal risk for attending events and gatherings.

For additional guidance, consult your preferred provider or public health resources, such as Contra County Public Service’s Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Interim Guidance for Social Distancing.

Updates about Field Trips:

• Individual trip leaders may cancel their trips.
  • Trip changes will be posted on our website and our Facebook page.
  • Please check with the trip leader about scheduling changes or updates.
  • Carpooling is discouraged to prevent the spread of COVID-19
  • The March 17 field trip to Mt. View Sanitary/McNabney Marsh has been cancelled.

Stay well and we appreciate your continued support of Mt. Diablo Audubon Society.

tracy_farrington

Jerry,
Unless the pandemic intensifies locally, I'm fine with proceeding with the MDAS Black Diamond Mine field trip on April 16.
And getting together with you for a scout prior to. But not the 14th., as I'm leading the MDAS Pine Canyon field trip. 

Outdoors and asymptomatic, participants should be fine.

Let me know what you think.
Best,
Tracy Farrington

On Friday, March 13, 2020, 03:26:52 PM PDT, Jerry Britten <jeraldabritten@...> wrote:

In keeping with the guidelines recently issued by the State of California and the Contra Costa County Health Services Department, we have cancelled our April 2 membership meeting. We are working to reschedule our speakers for a later date.

At the discretion of leaders and instructors, some field trips will remain available and appropriate precautions will be in place. These precautions include the following:

• Avoid sharing binoculars, spotting scopes, or other possible sources of exposure.
  • Thoroughly wash your hands before eating and after any exposure to potential sources of infection.
  • Consult your physician or preferred provider for medical advice about your personal risk for attending events and gatherings.

For additional guidance, consult your preferred provider or public health resources, such as Contra County Public Service’s Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Interim Guidance for Social Distancing.

• The March 17 field trip to Mt. View Sanitary/McNabney Marsh has been cancelled.

Stay well and we appreciate your continued support of Mt. Diablo Audubon Society.

Jerry Britten

I'm OK with going ahead with the field trip and the scouting trip - we just should remind people not to carpool...
Jerry

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 5:07 PM tracy_farrington via Groups.Io <tracy_farrington=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jerry,
Unless the pandemic intensifies locally, I'm fine with proceeding with the MDAS Black Diamond Mine field trip on April 16.
And getting together with you for a scout prior to. But not the 14th., as I'm leading the MDAS Pine Canyon field trip. 

Outdoors and asymptomatic, participants should be fine.

Let me know what you think.
Best,
Tracy Farrington

On Friday, March 13, 2020, 03:26:52 PM PDT, Jerry Britten <jeraldabritten@...> wrote: