locked Caution should be used parking at Bort Meadow gravel lot

Linda Jacobs

Not sure if it is appropriate to post this but it needs to be said. Friday we went to bird at Bort Meadow on Redwood Road at noonish for about an hour or so. When we returned to our car and started it was very loud and different than usual. We discovered that someone had tried to steal our catalytic converter in that short time. Must have been in the process when we returned. There were only a few cars in the lot.
Be aware.
Linda Jacobs

Mike Correll-Feichtner

Our car is alarmed....kind of hard to do.
We had driven past that lot on the way home from the Stream Trail / Trails End Picnic Area on May 31st.

Mike Correll-Feichtner
Livermore

Not sure if it is appropriate to post this but it needs to be said. Friday we went to bird at Bort Meadow on Redwood Road at noonish for about an hour or so. When we returned to our car and started it was very loud and different than usual. We discovered that someone had tried to steal our catalytic converter in that short time. Must have been in the process when we returned. There were only a few cars in the lot.
Be aware.
Linda Jacobs

Steve Taylor

Linda

Sorry to heart that. Sadly that is a somewhat remote lot. Is your car an SUV type vehicle. It would be nice to catch these people because they sell the stuff someplace and that place needs to be taken down also.