Topics

Burrowing owl

Susan Hampton

I seem to have deleted the directions for Burrowing  Owl location at the Albany Bulb.  Could someone re-post them?
Thanks,

Susa Hampton

Edward Vine

Park at the East Parking Lot. Go past the restrooms, walk across the bridge from S to N, and enter the part of the park that lies north of the canal. Take the dog trail to the extreme western point of the point. After you get to the farthest western point (there is a table there), head North on the trail; where it starts curving  East, there is a short wire fence about 30 feet in length. [There is also a walkway/causeway that continues North, but don't take it]. The owl is behind the fence; not on the rocks but on a bare tree/shrub branch about 6 feet off the ground.

Easier to go during the week than the weekend, if you want a parking space.

Ed

--
Edward Vine

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Building 90R2002
Berkeley, CA 94720-8136

Phone:     1-510-486-6047
Email:    elvine@...

Edward Vine

Oops. Disregard my last email: that was directions for the Burrowing Owl at Point Isabel.

The owl for Albany Bulb: not sure if it is there now. But it has been seen in the plateau area, north of the parking lot.
There is a fence encircling the plateau. In the past, the owl has been seen on the north side, near a drainage pipe on a mound.

I understand there is a Burrowing Owl now at Cesar Chavez park in the NE section of the park that has a small fence around the area.

Ed