Topics

Briones Reservoir Wood and Ring-necked Ducks, 3/29

Kate Hoffman

Yesterday afternoon I hiked out along Briones Reservoir from the Bear Creek staging area, counterclockwise. In a narrow inlet, I spotted a pair of Wood Ducks and there may have been more (flybys behind trees). A little farther along I saw at least 10 Ring-necked Ducks swimming in a group near the bank. Added bonus: hillsides of poppies and many clusters of other wildflowers. There were definitely others out for a walk, but everyone was carefully distancing. Beware: some very muddy down-and uphills (we skied down some of them).

Kate Hoffman
Oakland