Topics

Bonaparte's Gulls- Hayward Marsh

Chris Winn

While practicing photographing birds at the Hayward Marsh where the trail from the closed Interpretive Center meets the bay, I noticed a flock of terns looked rather unusual both because they were flocking and had black heads! When I reviewed my pictures, I noticed some great images of Bonaparte's gulls in varying extent of head feather molt. So as you go for the shorebirds, keep looking up! Also, very easy to maintain social distancing there.

Ebird list is mostly limited to birds I photographed. More could be both seen and heard but not with my shorter lens.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S66953123