Bobcats Valle Vista

Kir Pridatko

Today, 11/22, at 7 AM I walked into a pair of bobcats near the south bend of Richie loop trail in Valle Vista, Moraga. I was keeping my eyes on the flight of pigeons, so I didn't notice the bobcats until they darted out of their cover about 10-15 feet away from me. They disappeared in the coyote bush inside the loop of Richie Trail, but I still could hear their agitated growls for a few minutes afterwards. I wonder if they were upset by me or were interacting with each other.  I think bobcats are pretty common in Valle Vista, although I've seen only one before, hunting near the mudflats (VV used to have them), and once there were bobcat footprints on the hoarfrost covering the green bridge.

My apologies for the post unrelated to birds, but I wanted to share this, since Valle Vista is a popular East Bay birding destination.

Kir Pridatko
Moraga/Berkeley

Edward Vine

Thanks for your note. A few weeks ago, while birding, I did see 1 Bobcat about 20 feet from me - slowly walking across the trail down to the river right before the green bridge. My first sighting there - but have only been in that area about 6 times.

Ed

--
Edward Vine

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Building 90R2002
Berkeley, CA 94720-8136

Phone:     1-510-486-6047
Email:    elvine@...

Doug Elinson

Birding is an entry way to the appreciation of nature and all the incredible beings that inhabit our planet.   I support this sort of post.