Topics

Bluebirds in our deck top bird house

EllenRocs@...

We were thrilled to see a pair of Bluebirds checking out the bird house we have had on our back deck for years!
They landed on the fence nearby the bird house and took quite a long, 10 minute look at the logistics
of it. Finally, they flew off, well, I thought, that's that! BUT...about 15 minutes later I saw that they flew
back with small bunches of grass in their beaks AND they began to build a nest inside the box. Oh,
we could not have been more pleased. It was great watching them come and go until they were satisfied
with their new comfy home. We cannot wait to hear the little peep peep peeps of the upcoming brood!
I wonder how many eggs are typical for Bluebirds?