Topics

Black Rails continue at Coyote Hills RP

David Quady and Nancy Boas

Birders:

Oregon birder Diane Pettey heard two Black Rails and three Clapper Rails calling pre-dawn last Friday, March 26. The rails called from the marsh, from both sides of the speed bump that's just past the park's entrance kiosk.

Sorry for the late post.

Dave Quady
Berkeley, California
davequady@...

David Quady and Nancy Boas

Birders:

A few folks wrote question the reported presence of Clapper Rails at Coyote Hills RP, where Virginia Rail is the (far) more expected rail in its freshwater marshes.

Indeed it was probably Virginia Rails that Diane heard, not Clappers.

Thanks to those who read my earlier email more carefully than my mind wrote it.

Dave Quady
Berkeley, California
davequady@...

Begin forwarded message: