From: jimroethe@...
To: Jerry.Ting@...
Cc: jimroethe@...
Sent: 5/4/2022 2:33:28 PM Pacific Standard Time
Subject: Your Photographs

Jerry,

I am a birder and a member of Golden Gate Audubon.  I have run into on several occasions while out birding in the  East Bay but don't think I ever introduced myself.  I have written a number of books on travel and my life and have recently turned to writing a book of poems about birds.  I am in touch with a publisher and hope to finalize the book before the end of the year.

I noted on your web site that you state that access might be had to some of your photos if for a good cause.   I was hoping that you would let me feature some of your bird photos next to the poems related to those birds.   Naturally, I would give you credit for the photos, and it would give bird enthusiasts who read the book the chance to see some of the marvelous photos you have taken over the years.

I would also be willing to compensate you for any effort on your part to help me choose the photos.  (I have written 75 poems if that is any indication of the scope of the book).

I am getting on a plane later today to fly to London to see my daughter and grandchildren and then will go on to Ireland where I will be on a 14 day walking trip.   I will be trying to finalize the book on my return.

I will be happy to send you some of the poems if you are concerned about the quality of the work.  I could also show you something I threw together about you (from what's on the web) which I would include somewhere at the beginning of the book where credit would be given to you for allowing use of the photos.

 I live in Orinda and would be happy to  come see you at any convenient time to discuss further.

By the way, I lead one of the Count Circles for Golden Gate's Christmas Count and have done some other counts for Golden Gate Audubon.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Roethe
925-254-2190