Bird activity at Tilden and a PSA

Melani King

Today I spent quite a bit of time at Tilden around Jewel Lake and the nature area. Wilson's Warblers were abundant and vocal. Orange-crowned Warblers were heard more than seen but the bonus was that one was showing its orange crown!

And here is a public service announcement/reminder to stay on the trails and paths during nesting season. I was reminded of this while watching a Dark-eyed Junco collecting nesting material and disappearing repeatedly into a low vegetation area less than a foot off the trail. I would never have known that a nest was there!

eBird report here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S84706711

Melani King
Pt. Richmond