Topics

Bewick's Wren nesting in Hercules

Susana dT

Sorry, I left these guys out of my last post.
A couple of years ago I took a broken electric kettle outside with the idea of planting a succulent in it. A Bewick's Wren couple had better plans for it. This is their second season nesting in the kettle. Last year she laid 6 eggs. Two weeks ago there were 4 eggs. Concerned about disturbing them I did not check after. I was surprised to see one bringing material AFTER the eggs were laid, but I guess they can always make it more comfortable, softer for the chicks. Video here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/166553264@N04/32717789367/in/datetaken/
Feeding video here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/166553264@N04/33783084628/in/dateposted-public/