Bethel Island

rosita94598

After meeting Steve Buffi by chance in Heather Farm Park this morning, we decided to make a quick run to Bethel Island.  So, though we were somewhat late going, we left his house around 8:30 or slightly after.

We had two Black-chinned Hummingbirds on the wires on the east side of the road.  One was at the corner of Bethel Island Road and W. Willow Road, the last road before the levee.  The other was just south of the gate into the field along the trees.  That hummer also perched in the dry tree on the west side of the road, which sticks up through all the greenery.

We did not find any Blue Grosbeaks, or Chats.  We did see the Avocets reported by Paul Schorr yesterday.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek