Topics

Ariel battle over lake Temsecal!

jchiropolos <jchiropolos@...>

At 7 pm last night I watched a caspien tern fishing over lake Temescal in Oakland. At 7:15 an osprey flew in. The tern however, was not happy with the intruder and screeching, climbed and repeatedly dive bombed the osprey in an attempt to drive the osprey away. The osprey held it's
flight pattern and ignored the tern. After about five minutes of osprey harassment, the tern resumed it's fishing, screeching loudly whenever it's flight pattern brought it close to the osprey. Neither bird caught a fish while I was watching.

Intersting behavior.... and birds I was surprised to see at Temescal....