Topics

another new yard bird - Yellow-Breasted Chat!

Jerry Britten

Hope you all are not getting jaded by my posts, but this one is noteworthy to say the least.  We were in the hot tub about 6:30 tonight when a bird popped up briefly about 20 feet away into an elderberry that I immediately thought - chat.  I ran dripping wet to get the phone and camera.  My wife played the song and the bird came up in an oak directly over our heads to afford some photos.  This is about the last bird I would expect to see out here, but given everyone's recent posts, there seems to be a lot of interesting activity out there, so keep looking!
Ebird list with photos here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S67382488

Jerry Britten
Morgan Territory.