Topics

About that hooded oriole in the Laurel District.

Marcus

They snuck a nest into my ash tree. There seems to be activity there. Also seems rather late in the year? The male is bossing the female around every which way from appearances.  He is rather noisy and will chase after her sometimes. Had not seen that with previous pairing a number of years ago.   This afternoon sitting on a power line the male would go chup chup the femalr would respond with twee. This went on and on and on until a nearby crow  got fed up and squawked at them and they flew to a tree down the street to continue. Most interesting pair of birds I have ever seen around the neighborhood.

-Marcus Pun