A really white Red-tailed Hawk in Fremont.

Claude Lyneis

I was killing time at the Linear Park in Fremont while my Chevy Bolt got yet  another brain transplant.  There were a number of birds soaring in the thermals, but one seemed different.  The same shape as a Red-tailed Hawk, but the wings and body were mostly white with black feathers on the wing tips and a black line along the leading edge of the wing.  After checking iBird this afternoon, it looks just like a photo of a juvenile RT Hawk.  Too bad I wasn't lugging my 9 lb Nikon with me, because it would have made and interesting shot.
There were about 10 Great-tailed Grackles in a tree along the Park Trail.