A good selection of birds at Lake Anza

Claude Lyneis

Lake Anza today

Tuesday, I went to Lake Anza in the afternoon as the winds began to die down.  The road in were blocked by the Park Service, so I walked down.  The positive was there were almost no other people.   I didn’t see the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, but I was surprised to see a Belted Kingfisher.  Actually it was to see something and manage to get some photos from quite a distance away.  The photo below is not a thing of beauty, but makes a strong case that it was a Belted Kingfisher.

Also a new find for me was a Ring-necked Duck.  This photo was better.

Other birds there in small numbers, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Greqt Egret, Bufflehead, Great Blue Heron, Double-crested Cormorant,.

Common Merganzer.   https://flic.kr/p/2ktTa7t