Numbers of birds Meeker Slough

Fred Werner

There were nearly 400 avocets in the Charleston Slough of the Baylands reserve yesterday (Santa Clara County, near Palo Alto).   My first time there so I don't know whether that's unusual.

- Fred

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 2:34 PM Edward Vine <elvine@...> wrote:
True for Albany Mudflats as well.

Ed

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 9:43 AM Phoebe Tanner via groups.io <phoebeanntanner=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jan 17 We are seeing numbers as well as variety.  There were over 100 American Avocets on the edge of Meeker Slough.  Two days before there were 200+.  I have not seen these numbers in three years ago.
Jan 17 There were also about 80 Marbled Godwits close to the Avocets.

--
Edward Vine

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Building 90R2002
Berkeley, CA 94720-8136

Phone:     1-510-486-6047
Email:    elvine@...

Edward Vine

True for Albany Mudflats as well.

Ed

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 9:43 AM Phoebe Tanner via groups.io <phoebeanntanner=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jan 17 We are seeing numbers as well as variety.  There were over 100 American Avocets on the edge of Meeker Slough.  Two days before there were 200+.  I have not seen these numbers in three years ago.
Jan 17 There were also about 80 Marbled Godwits close to the Avocets.

--
Edward Vine

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Building 90R2002