Local interest (Uvillage): Black-throated gray warbler pair

Kelly DeForest

Hey EBBirders,

I have seen quick looks of 1 black-throated gray warbler in the riparian corridor between the apartments and ocean view park the last 2 days but this afternoon there were 2 hanging out in one of the courtyards between apartment complexes nearest the pathway to ocean view park (and finally had my camera with me). Along with them were 2 orange crowned warblers, yellow-rumpeds, and townsends' and others (https://ebird.org/checklist/S96618978). They seemed to be foraging on small termites and termite wings littered the ground. Quite the sight. Photo attached of black-throated gray warbler and yellow-rumped enjoying the termite feast.

Best,
Kelly

Kelly DeForest
(360)485-3252

Kelly DeForest

Seems like the photo may have not been properly attached. Here it is again. You can see the termite in the yellow-rumped's beak if you zoom in :)

-Kelly

Kelly DeForest
(360)485-3252

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 5:24 PM Kelly DeForest via groups.io <kellyldeforest=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hey EBBirders,

I have seen quick looks of 1 black-throated gray warbler in the riparian corridor between the apartments and ocean view park the last 2 days but this afternoon there were 2 hanging out in one of the courtyards between apartment complexes nearest the pathway to ocean view park (and finally had my camera with me). Along with them were 2 orange crowned warblers, yellow-rumpeds, and townsends' and others (https://ebird.org/checklist/S96618978). They seemed to be foraging on small termites and termite wings littered the ground. Quite the sight. Photo attached of black-throated gray warbler and yellow-rumped enjoying the termite feast.

Best,
Kelly

Kelly DeForest
(360)485-3252

BTGrayWA_YRWA_102321.JPG

Aaron Maizlish

Hi Kelly,

Attachments are not enabled for EBB-Sightings.   The group had some discussions about this in the past, and several folks wanted to keep the emails small without photo attachments.  We could revisit that again I suppose.  But in the meantime if you want to share a photo or request help with an ID you need to provide a link either to eBird or to a photo sharing site such as Flickr or Google, etc.

Thanks,

Aaron Maizlish
EBB-Sightings Moderator

On Oct 23, 2021, at 6:50 PM, Kelly DeForest <kellyldeforest@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Aaron! I didn't know that and had received some responses about the pic. The ebird list link is in the original email and pics can be seen there.
- Kelly

Kelly DeForest
(360)485-3252