Two confirmed Wandering Tattlers at Cesar Chavez

Sam Zuckerman

Earlier today I posted a report of five Wandering Tattlers on riprap along west shoreline of park. Photos show two Tattlers and two Spotted Sandpipers, while I could't determine species of the fifth medium-size sandpiper. Two WATA is consistent with earlier reports, including original report of Tattlers by David Yeamans and Rosemarie Richardson Oct. 1.

Joyce Rybandt

This is just to confirm the sighting of two Wandering Tattlers at Cesar Chavez park on Sunday.

I responded to Jay Dodge’s post yesterday morning, and arrived at the location he described around 12:40 pm at Cesar Chavez and quicky found the Wandering Tattler. While I sat on the rocks observing the bird, I noticed another tattler, also on the rocks, a bit further to the north. I walked over to it to confirm the ID. I later saw the two birds together, foraging in the seaweed.

After a quick walk around the circumference of the park, I returned around 2:15 pm and watched at least one of the tattlers and two Black Turnstones with three other birders, Gail, Elliot, and Maggie for over an hour. At this time the tattlers had moved away from the water and further up the rocks.

Joyce Rybandt