Many Red tails - Tilden

Jim Chiropolos

There seems to be a movement of red-tailed hawks today. Biking the Inspiration Point trail -I saw 12 red-tailed hawks. On the return riding up the Conlan Trail - another 8 were seen including 6 in sight at one time.It seems early for migrating hawks but these are high counts on a patch for me.

Did anyone else see a raptor movement in the greater bay area today - if so please post.

In the return biked up Vollmer Peak for the Clarks Nutcracker which took a little bit of work is is a green bird!

Jim Chiropolos
Orinda

Jay

I was hiking yesterday on the Strawberry Canyon canyon trail near the top and did catch a group of 4 circling together, one likely a juvenile (foolishly forgot binoculars). Plus a pair of screeching Red Shouldered, further down towards Panoramic Hill.

Jay Dodge
Berkeley