Mass Bird Die-Off Linked to Wildfires and Toxic Gases

Elegans@...

Thanks for this. In my area, El Cerrito, after both last summer's dreadful fire and smoke and the one two amers before that, the mlm population of Anna's hummingbirds plummeted. In winters before that I'd be feeding dozens if not maybe a hundred al winter long. The winters after the fires, a mere handful.
George McRae

On Friday, April 2, 2021 Edward Vine <elvine@...> wrote:

Using observations from crowdsourced science and weather location data, researchers concluded that wildfires caused a mass die-off of birds in the western and central United States in 2020.

Click here

Ed

--
Ed Vine