Topics

Global Big Day in El Cerrito!

Alan Kaplan

Ashbury Avenue, El Cerrito.
May 9, 2020 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Global Big Day 2020.
10 species seen in the half hour for Global Big Day!

Best bird was one Swainson’s Thrush singing in the distance and another in the yard at the Pineapple Guava, whose flowers have a delicious “jelly”-filled bract. Very tasty to me, but I have never found a chemical or nutritional analysis of them. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Lesser Goldfinch and House Finch also singing this evening. Earlier in the day: Oak Titmouse came for peanuts, Anna’s Hummingbird for the feeder. And House Finches seem exceptionally thirsty of late.

Best of Boids!
Alan Kaplan