Topics

Reply to Sender instead of Reply to Group

Aaron Maizlish

Dear All,

Thank you for the reminder.  I think about half of the messages sent on this listserv for the last week have either been intended only for the original poster, or probably they should have been.  I have been intending to fix this.

Effective now, I have changed the settings for the group.  Now when you reply to a message the default will be to send a private reply to the sender.  If you wish to reply to the group (which is certainly encouraged where appropriate), then you will need to hit Reply All.

I believe that EBB-Sightings was always an outlier, and that all of the other birding listservs that I am involved with have Reply to Sender as the default.

Let’s keep group responses “on target” vis a vis bird sightings and relevant information.

Once again:

Reply: To the original poster

Thanks,

Aaron Maizlish
Your stay-at-home moderator

Paul Schorr

Aaron,

Thank you so much for your immediate attention to my concern.  And thank you for accepting the role of moderator.  Much appreciated.

Stay safe.

Paul Schorr
Former President, MDAS

On Mar 27, 2020, at 3:24 PM, Aaron Maizlish <amm.birdlists@...> wrote:

[...]

jskincora@...

Hi,
Could you help me leave this group, please?.

Thanks.
Jan Stafford