Topics

Correction re Merganser posting at Lake Merritt: Red-breasted not Common

lyla.arum@...

Hello! I'm new to this group and am still getting the hang of posting. I was trying to edit my post from this morning and ended up deleting it instead.

Thanks to pro birder Steve Hunter and his review of my photos, he helped correct my ID of the five Mergansers spotted at Lake Merritt yesterday. They were Red-breasted not Common Mergansers .

Apologies!
-Lyla

Hilary Powers

On 12/12/2019 5:33 PM, Hilary Powers wrote:
On 12/12/2019 2:20 PM, lyla.arum@... wrote:
Hello! I'm new to this group and am still getting the hang of posting. I was trying to edit my post from this morning and ended up deleting it instead.

Thanks to pro birder Steve Hunter and his review of my photos, he helped correct my ID of the five Mergansers spotted at Lake Merritt yesterday. They were Red-breasted not Common Mergansers .
An easy slip - and Red-breasted Mergansers are a but more likely at the lake than Common, but I've seen both there at various times....
--

~ Hilary Powers - Hilary@... - Oakland CA ~
~ www.salamanderfeltworks.com; www.Etsy.com/shop/SalamanderFeltworks ~