From: Joel Denney joeldenney@... [EBB_Sightings]
To: EBB_Sightings
Sent: Sun, Nov 4, 2018 8:20 am
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Oakland Owl Question

There's been a visiting owl the last 2 nights here in Maxwell Park, a rarity in my experience of 25 years here. (Here = the foothill just northwest of Mills College, west the junction of highways 580 & 13, east Oakland).

I'd like to know what is. My partner recorded it. Please advise where to post the .wav file so I can link to it here.

In the meantime, what "night bird" in this area sounds like (but of course is not) a Northern Spotted Owl?

Marcus

Just turn it into a small video file, standard def, 720x 480 and post it on youtube and send the link to the group.

This is what I recorded October 1 in the Laurel  https://youtu.be/cJUs-BsczIE
If you are still having trouble. Email me. I will send you a link for you to deposit the file and post it on youtube for you

Marcus Pun
scrod2000@...
Video Editor / Producer/Editor / Camera
C: 510-384-8085 | H: 510-530-2507
Oakland, CA

On Sunday, November 4, 2018, 8:20:35 AM PST, Joel Denney joeldenney@... [EBB_Sightings] wrote:

There's been a visiting owl the last 2 nights here in Maxwell Park, a rarity in my experience of 25 years here. (Here = the foothill just northwest of Mills College, west the junction of highways 580 & 13, east Oakland).

I'd like to know what is. My partner recorded it. Please advise where to post the .wav file so I can link to it here.

In the meantime, what "night bird" in this area sounds like (but of course is not) a Northern Spotted Owl?

Raleigh McLemore

Approx. location of owl in Maxwell Park?  It's a tolerably big area.

Thanks!

Raleigh

Joel Denney

Yep - Bev & Marcus nailed it. Thank you both. My partner can't remember why she dismissed whatever clip of a GHO she found last night, but Marcus' youtube clip is a higher pitched version of the same call.
joel

Joel Denney

Sounded like the guy was approx between Brookdale/Fleming; Maxwell/Cole. Not heard last night.