New poll for EBB_Sightings

EBB_Sightings@...

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EBB_Sightings group:
After some improvements in Yahoo's performance, there again have been recent complaints about slow deliveries. Yahoo offers no support to groups such as ours. Changing mail list hosts is not simple.
Created by: diabloaudubonwebmaster@...
  1. Our list works well enough.
  2. Keep trying to improve things - there are real problems.
  3. Give up on Yahoo and and migrate to Groups.io, even though it's not perfect.

Thanks!

Donald Lewis

I  vote for number one but the link to the poll doesn’t work. It says I have to be a moderator.

Don Lewis

Lafayette, CA

DanaS

1

On Sep 15, 2018, at 5:56 PM, EBB_Sightings@... wrote:

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EBB_Sightings group:
After some improvements in Yahoo's performance, there again have been recent complaints about slow deliveries. Yahoo offers no support to groups such as ours. Changing mail list hosts is not simple.
  1. Our list works well enough.
  2. Keep trying to improve things - there are real problems.
  3. Give up on Yahoo and and migrate to Groups.io, even though it's not perfect.

Thanks!

Jeanette Nichols

It works well enough

On Sep 15, 2018, at 5:56 PM, EBB_Sightings@... wrote:

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EBB_Sightings group:
After some improvements in Yahoo's performance, there again have been recent complaints about slow deliveries. Yahoo offers no support to groups such as ours. Changing mail list hosts is not simple.
  1. Our list works well enough.
  2. Keep trying to improve things - there are real problems.
  3. Give up on Yahoo and and migrate to Groups.io, even though it's not perfect.

Thanks!

Teri L Wills

Hi

We vote for 3.   We received the poll email several hours after the first answer.

Teri and Chris Wills

On Sep 15, 2018, at 5:56 PM, EBB_Sightings@... wrote:

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EBB_Sightings group:
After some improvements in Yahoo's performance, there again have been recent complaints about slow deliveries. Yahoo offers no support to groups such as ours. Changing mail list hosts is not simple.
  1. Our list works well enough.
  2. Keep trying to improve things - there are real problems.
  3. Give up on Yahoo and and migrate to Groups.io, even though it's not perfect.

Thanks!

Margo Watson

I think it’s fine!

On Sep 15, 2018, at 5:56 PM, EBB_Sightings@... wrote:

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EBB_Sightings group:
After some improvements in Yahoo's performance, there again have been recent complaints about slow deliveries. Yahoo offers no support to groups such as ours. Changing mail list hosts is not simple.
  1. Our list works well enough.
  2. Keep trying to improve things - there are real problems.
  3. Give up on Yahoo and and migrate to Groups.io, even though it's not perfect.

Thanks!

Ken Copen

I vote #3. I think groups.io is definitely better.

mskrentz

I would vote for IO or #3. Many other group are moving to that.

Mary

Steve Taylor

Leave it as is

On Sep 16, 2018, at 8:46 AM, Margo Watson mbwatson@... [EBB_Sightings] <EBB_Sightings-noreply@...> wrote:

I think it’s fine!

On Sep 15, 2018, at 5:56 PM, EBB_Sightings@... wrote:

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EBB_Sightings group:
After some improvements in Yahoo's performance, there again have been recent complaints about slow deliveries. Yahoo offers no support to groups such as ours. Changing mail list hosts is not simple.
  1. Our list works well enough.
  2. Keep trying to improve things - there are real problems.
  3. Give up on Yahoo and and migrate to Groups.io, even though it's not perfect.

Thanks!

Cal Walters

All 1800 of us cant reply to this!! – we should put up a Survey Monkey link.

From: East Bay Birds on behalf of "Steve Taylor s-taylor@... [EBB_Sightings]"
Date: Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 9:43 AM
To: Margo Watson
Cc: East Bay Birds
Subject: Re: [EBB_Sightings] New poll for EBB_Sightings

Leave it as is

On Sep 16, 2018, at 8:46 AM, Margo Watson mbwatson@... [EBB_Sightings] <EBB_Sightings-noreply@...> wrote:

I think it’s fine!

On Sep 15, 2018, at 5:56 PM, EBB_Sightings@... wrote:

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EBB_Sightings group:

After some improvements in Yahoo's performance, there again have been recent complaints about slow deliveries. Yahoo offers no support to groups such as ours. Changing mail list hosts is not simple.

  1. Our list works well enough.
  2. Keep trying to improve things - there are real problems.
  3. Give up on Yahoo and and migrate to Groups.io, even though it's not perfect.

Thanks!

carolfow

I vote for No. 1. No problem with messages, but I had a terrible time trying to login to vote.

Glen Tepke

I vote for #3.  Why?  Because I received several replies to the message about the poll before I received the message itself, then received four copies of the message, then couldn't vote because "Oops!  You need to be a moderator to perform this action."  Three more examples of what a mess Yahoo Groups is.  I belong to several other groups that use Groups.io and they seem to work well.  It's time to move on.  Thanks.

Glen Tepke
Oakland

On 9/15/2018 5:56 PM, EBB_Sightings@... wrote:
Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EBB_Sightings group:
After some improvements in Yahoo's performance, there again have been recent complaints about slow deliveries. Yahoo offers no support to groups such as ours. Changing mail list hosts is not simple.
  1. Our list works well enough.
  2. Keep trying to improve things - there are real problems.
  3. Give up on Yahoo and and migrate to Groups.io, even though it's not perfect.

Thanks!

Jerry Britten

I vote for 3.  I think this listserve is way past its prime. The confusion regarding this last poll is evidence.
Thanks,
Jerry Britten

mskrentz

I didn't get this until 22 hours after it was posted. Then had to be an administrator to record my vote. I voted this am after receiving others emails with their votes. I think this illustrates the problem.

Mary Krentz

On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 5:56 PM, <EBB_Sightings@...> wrote:

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EBB_Sightings group:
After some improvements in Yahoo's performance, there again have been recent complaints about slow deliveries. Yahoo offers no support to groups such as ours. Changing mail list hosts is not simple.
  1. Our list works well enough.
  2. Keep trying to improve things - there are real problems.
  3. Give up on Yahoo and and migrate to Groups.io, even though it's not perfect.

Thanks!

Marcus

I am good with it so #1

Marcus Pun
Video Editor / Producer/Editor / Camera
C: 510-384-8085 | H: 510-530-2507
Oakland, CA

On Saturday, September 15, 2018, 10:05:16 PM PDT, 'Donald Lewis' donlewis@... [EBB_Sightings]

I  vote for number one but the link to the poll doesn’t work. It says I have to be a moderator.

Don Lewis

Lafayette, CA

Melani King

Give up on Yahoo and migrate to Groups.io.

Mike Correll-Feichtner

Once again, I stick with choice #1

--

Mike Feighner, original founbder of EBB

Livermore, California, Alameda County

<https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Ftctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F02%2Flinkedin-logo-02.png&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Ftechcrunch.com%2F2013%2F02%2F07%2Flinkedin-blows-past-expectations-revenue-soars-to-304m%2F&docid=9KAZxNxSzAD8NM&tbnid=11bpH70D2K9a5M%3A&vet=1&w=600&h=601&bih=589&biw=1184&ved=0ahUKEwigyIK0z-7WAhXhzFQKHRM9Aw4QxiAIGCgD&iact=c&ictx=1>

<http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelfeighner> http://www.linkedIn.com/in/michaelfeighner

--

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3565.Oscar_Wilde> Oscar Wilde

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EBB_Sightings group:

After some improvements in Yahoo's performance, there again have been recent complaints about slow deliveries. Yahoo offers no support to groups such as ours. Changing mail list hosts is not simple.

Created by: diabloaudubonwebmaster@gmail.com <mailto:diabloaudubonwebmaster@gmail.com>

Thanks!