Miller Knox/Ferry Point

Jeff Acuff

Today at the Miller-Knox lagoon the continuing Eurasian wigeons and red-breasted merganser were present.  Additionally there was a blue-winged teal, and another duck that I originally took for a female blue-winged teal due to size, shape and the fact that it seemed to be associating with the male.  On closer examination, the plumage didn't look right, so I don't have an ID.  (For anyone interested, I have posted photos at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/jkaccip/BirdsUnidentified?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Near shore off the rocks between the lagoon and Ferry Point, two brant were present also.

Good birding,

Jeff Acuff

Lafayette

Jeff Acuff

I'd like to thank those who helped identify the female duck as a green-winged teal.

Good Birding,

Jeff Acuff
Lafayette